Please Help Identify. I Don't Know What To Do.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed my male guppy has been hiding all by himself in the plants the last couple days. I have been watching him close since yesterday and I don't see him eating. He goes to the food, but isn't eating it. Today I noticed he has something underneath him. I can't tell if it's a growth or a piece of long white fuzz from something just stuck to his underneath fin. Can someone please look at the picture and tell me from any experience if this is some sort of ailment that I need to treat. I am worried due to his secluded behavior and I don't want other fish sick.

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1794.jpg
    IMG_1794.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 78
Oh I think I do see it now... Looks like poop, but not on the right part of the fish. LOL sorry I don't know what it is either

White Thing

Thanks for looking. Maybe someone will be able to tell. I don't want to pull it and hurt him or anything. Hoping someone will know. I am re-adding the pics with circles on them to help. Should have done that in the beginning, sorry. It looks like a long piece of white fuzz. Makes me want to pull it off, but I don't want to touch it. I don't know if it's a sickness and I can't tell where it's attached besides near that fin underneath him.

Attachments

• IMG_1789b.jpg
    IMG_1789b.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1790b.jpg
    IMG_1790b.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1792b.jpg
    IMG_1792b.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1794b.jpg
    IMG_1794b.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 57
Plus, like I said, he keeps hiding in plants by himself in corners and wasn't eating last night for sure.

I was looking at a diseases/illnesses page (actually for bettas but I thought of your guppy) and thought this sounded likely. It might be worth a shot if no one else responds:

External Parasites
•Symptoms: You may see parasites (other than ick) or you may not. Pay special attention to the area around the gills and fins. May dart and rub against decor, lose interest in food, lethargy, color loss
•Treatment: Some parasites can be treated conservatively with Aquarium Salt. For salt treatments, treat as you would with Ick. If conservative treatment does not work or if you have extenuating circumstances then there are a number of medications you could use. API’s General Cure and Jungle’s Parasite Clear fizz tablets are both affective ways to kill parasites. Do not combine with Aq.Salt.

https://sites.google.com/site/bettafishinfo/home/diseasesillnesses is the website

Thanks.

Thank you for that info. I was looking around again tonight and now wondering if it's hexamita. It looks like some of the pictures I seen. I don't know if I need to take the infected fish out and treat or treat the whole tank. I have a pregnant guppy in the breeding box at this moment. I don't want other fish to get sick, if they aren't already. Not sure what is best to do. Right now I'm thinking treat the tank after the guppy fry are born. Any other suggestions better than that best for the fish?

He Died :( Now Molly Sick - Need Help Please

Well, my guppy is read to pop with babies so I was trying to wait until she did and then try to treat with a parasite treatment since he had that long white thing on him that looked like the hexamita. Close as I could guess... But, I found him dead at the bottom of the tank last night. I was hoping he'd hang in there, but he wasn't eating, although I did just see him swimming earlier. He had been secluding himself behind plants in the tank. :(

Now my molly has something covering her eye and she isn't swimming very well, kind of hard flapping her fins one at a time. I took her out for now. I don't know if I need to treat her separately or treat my whole tank (and I found more fry hiding today and I don't want to hurt them). I'm attaching another pic. This time of the molly if anyone can help to tell me what this may be and what I need to do. :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_1983.jpg
    IMG_1983.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 53
Sorry for the 2nd post, but I just noticed my other black molly has the same thing going on - on her eye, too. :(

Back
Top Bottom