Please HELP ME! I am so worried for my fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7Abby7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
* Hey everyone! I need help! My parents keep telling me that it's nothing but my goldfish has a white pimple on its side!
I have had this fish for 1 year. I don't know where it originated but I got it from PetCo If that helps. The fish has been in the tank since we got that one and its counter part from the same tank. Besides the fish with the white pimple and its twin, there is another fish from a one year old birthday party from my 6 year old God sister. That fish from the party is indeed 5 years old.
All of my fish are eating TetraFin flakes twice a day. I don't have any information on the water parameters at all, I never took any tests and I don't have any. Besides the white pimple, that fish does not show any other signs of disease
The fish seems to be acting normally. Very active and swimming around. When it's feeding time, even more active. We have fake plants, a fake ship and fake pebbles in the tank as well as fake gems.
Help me please! I hope the video below is helpful.

Last edited:
I can't tell from the video they are moving around and the glare from the light is tough to get past.

Welcome to the community.

What size tank is this, and what is the filtration, along with how long have you had the other 2 "twins" GF?

Have you added anything else to the tank in the last couple weeks?

How often o you do water changes and how much per time?

I couldn't load your video. But it sounds like a tumor (if it's big like a boil). If it's small it might be "Ick". Depending on how long it's been there. And if there's anymore. You can try a water change, but usually if the water is bad for them you will see them act differently. Always at the surface trying to get air, as if they look like they're eating but nothing's there. If they are doing that at all, try a water change. Take1/4 to 1/2 the water out and put new water in with a water conditioner. Get some test strips so your not always guessing. But if it's a big bump there's nothing you can really do about it.

I can't tell from the video they are moving around and the glare from the light is tough to get past.

What size tank is this, and what is the filtration, along with how long have you had the other 2 "twins" GF?

This white pimple has been there's for the past 3 months and that spot USB the only one.

Thanks for responding! I've had the other two fish, one for one year and the other for 6 years. The tank is 20 gallons and I am unsure of the filtration. I have not added anything to the tank and I change the tank once a week, the full tank emptied and once a month I deeply scrub the props in the tank.

It could be a small infection from another fish nipping at it. If it gets worse try mellafix but if that is the case there is not much to worry about

Looks like lymphocystis to me...
Viral like a cold so no cure.
Just keep up on water quality and it may or may not go away.
Should be no problem...

Back
Top Bottom