Please help me sex my german blue Rams!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biscuits87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me sex my GBRs. I have attached photos. When I went to get them from the aquarium the staff member did not seem sure of the sexes and grabbed two. The larger one has been really aggressive towards the smaller one. I'm not sure if this is courtship as the smaller one spends a lot of time around the top of the tank. The tank is a planted 10 gallon with the following parameters: ph7 gh5 nh3 0 no2 0 no3 0

I am aware that the tank may be small but I was convinced by the salesman that it is fine. I have since gotten rid of my receipt and the fish seem fine. I change 15% of the water every week.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421469358.775979.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421469377.542636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Top fish IMO is a female. Little pink on the belly and the first few rays are all the same size as the rest.

Lower fins to past the anus either. Girl for sure.

Second pick could be a young boy or a girl. Hard to tell from photo.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Top fish IMO is a female. Little pink on the belly and the first few rays are all the same size as the rest.

Lower fins to past the anus either. Girl for sure.

Second pick could be a young boy or a girl. Hard to tell from photo.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1, id bet 2nd pic is a male.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for your help both. I had to give away the female as the male kept trying to kill her. I'm thinking about getting a new female or maybe some Tetras for him to share the tank with.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom