Please help my sick pea puffers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BullFeathers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Two of my three pea puffers have something on their bodies that are clearly not good. Though they seem to be different afflictions, they happened around the same time so my guess is bad water quality or general shared stresses is likely to be at the root of it.

One (a girl, her name is Dusty) has a few large (well, a little larger than what I think ich looks like) white bumps on her. I thought it was only her tail, but to my distress, upon filming her swimming about to get help with this, I saw some more on her back! (I didn't see them before because she's so tiny but with the video I got to see her closer up.) The only other thing I can really observe besides that is she's skinnier than the other two. I thought possibly a parasite? But on the tail? Seems weird. Though I do feed them primarily live blackworms. I guess it's possible.

I recorded her eating a snail and will post a link to it when it finishes uploading to YouTube.

The other one (the only male, his name is Kernel, or Colonel; that's intentional ambiguity) has a flat white patch on his head. I couldn't get him to stay in front of the camera. (I think it shines a little light and they're super aware of it. Normally they like saying hi to me, duh, cause food.) He is not too skinny. He seems adequately sized.

The three of them get along as well as one does with, say, their siblings when they lived at home. There's bickering, and even a little rough-housing, but mostly they stay out of each other's way. (You can see in the video I will link that Dusty's tail is relatively, if not entirely, bite-free.) There is also a bumblebee goby in this family. There's even fewer interactions between him and the puffers. He seems in normal (I assume to be good) health. The third puffer, Bee, is also in normal health (again, in my judgement, she's currently well).

Okay. Now onto the part you're all going to ask for and I'm most ashamed of - tank levels.

I admit I'm not as good at maintaining the levels of nitrites/nitrates/etc as I used to be. I don't currently know them and I will check (and post) as soon as I can. In the meantime, you may assume as I will, that they're not perfect and likely do contribute to my fishes' conditions.

That being said, it's more important to me to get answers to my fishes' plights than to be self-conscious about my care of them. Hence I'm posting this request.

Please help me identify and cure the illnesses of my fish.

Thank you SO MUCH!

No one recognizes the stuff on my puffer? Even any general suggestions? Like should I do some water changes and add some salt?

Danger walks on deck we say "What the heck?"
We laugh at the perils we're facing.

Back
Top Bottom