Please help soon!!! Fish need help!!! Anything is appreciated!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoomBacon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My fish have been living in the same tank for about 4 months, being very healthy.

I have a 10 gallon tank. It is stocked with 4 neon tetras, 1 powder blue dwarf gourami, and 1 honey sunset dwarf gourami.

On the 20th of every month, I change my water.

I do water tests with the changes, and the water is always healthy and good.

On July 24th, I noticed my Honey dwarf gourami was staying towards the bottom, leaning against the decor I have. I did another water test, and saw that the Nitrate was way, way too high. I put in some water conditioner that helps get Nitrate, Nitrite, and Ammonia to the right place. I put in the recommended amount, and later that night, my honey gourami was swimming in the middle and top, so I assumed the conditioner worked.

Yesterday, I did another water test, and the Nitrate was high, yet again. Also, both gouramis were sitting near the bottom, lying against the decor I have. I put in a little bit more conditioner as the bottle said to do for problems. I did another water test later that day, and the Nitrite came up the same. I did a 20% water change, which in the end the water was the completely same perimeters, and temperature. The fish didn't perk up at all.

Today I was very busy and fed my fish in the morning, then left to do things. I came back later at night, and almost all of my fish were staying at the bottom, the tetras seemed to be brownish and breathing weird, and some tetras were nowhere to be found. (probably hiding in a decor piece I have)

I quickly did a water test, and the Nitrate was at about 80, the general hardiness was at about 178, and the ph was at about a 6.2. Everything else was at the right levels.

To help it we decided we probably shouldn't put too much more conditioner in, so we put in 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt. (it was recommended 1 tablespoon per every 5 gallons) That seemed to help the fish perk up a little bit, but after about 20 minutes, they settled down again.

I really need help! I don't want my fish to be sick or in poor condition, because I feel very bad for them. If there is anything you can do to help my fish

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Would you have ammonia and nitrite readings? Also what is the water conditioner name?

I'd suggest a temperature-matched water change of 30 to 50% and see if they perk up. These should be done weekly.

How much water did you change on the 20th and did you do anything else to the tank? Do you gravel vac or change/wash filter pads then as well.

Back
Top Bottom