please help! Why now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hyzer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My P.H is high and the water hardness as well. Ammonia is a tiny bit high but livable.
Plus my alkalinity is a little high as well "BUT" both my nitrites and nitrates are real good.
Could my filter be the cause of this?
Would aquarium salt fix any of this?
The only thing I can think of is not enough good bacteria, but my tank has been running for about a year or 2. The filter I bought and upgraded to (mentioned on my bio) has been running since February or march. lol

"" I haven't had these problems since I set up the tank ""

Hyzer said:
My P.H is high and the water hardness as well. Ammonia is a tiny bit high but livable.
Plus my alkalinity is a little high as well "BUT" both my nitrites and nitrates are real good.
Could my filter be the cause of this?
Would aquarium salt fix any of this?
The only thing I can think of is not enough good bacteria, but my tank has been running for about a year or 2. The filter I bought and upgraded to (mentioned on my bio) has been running since February or march. lol

"" I haven't had these problems since I set up the tank ""

First thing, are you using test strips? If so get rid of them, there useless. Go out and buy a liquid test kit.

What is your ph? Aslong as its at a steady level it will be fine.

When you purchased your new filter did you use the old cartridge, or did you cut a piece off so the bacteria could colonize the new filter quicker?

I used all new stuff on my filter but it's been running for a while. I pretty sure it's build up bacteria by now.
Yes I'm using test strips but I have been thinking about using the liquid tubes. My ammonia levels are low stress levels. Pretty much everything is a tad bit high. So I added some salt hoping it would help.

Back
Top Bottom