please someone help me. im new here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I temp match

She didnt have any ich spots until today. She has 1 an its on the bottom of her tail

Its on top of her head by her gills but not touching them

I have no meds an no money. Of I'd jus go buy some meds instead of using heat.

I was told ALL meds that are used to treat ich (an invertabret) will kill all shrimp/snails (which are also invertabrets)

The only thing I could use as a hospital tank is a 1gal pickle jar... which would be fine for my shrimp until im done with meds. Crossing my fingers that I can get ich meds this Friday.

What kind of bacterial infection is this? What meds do I get to treat it? Would she survive until next Friday? (The 22nd I think)

Im hopefully getting a vac this Friday. Ive had 6 or 7 other ich experiences but years ago. I can move my shrimp when I get meds to treat. I do 30-40% pwc every other day. I know what ich looks like.

I had 4 spots on my tetra. Turned up the heat on day 1. Spots were gone on day 2. Heat stayed on. Day 3 spots are back on my tetra. an now on day 4 my creamcicle an bristle nose has spots along with my tetra. My molly had that spot 1-2 days before I started treatment.

Ive tried getting a pic of the ich spots but they move too fast for my crappy camera.

Im sorry im broke, on the verge of losing my car, cant buy my own meds, cant buy food, an my husband may be getting laid off. Do I wish I had everything I need for my fish? Yes. But I get money for their supplies by finding change around my house. Im in a bad situation financially an there's no way around that. Im trying my best but I guess that ain't good enough. I already feel bad about not being able to help them an came here to get advice on what this is an the best way to treat it. Not grilled about what I DONT have an cant afford.

Treatment for bacterial issues are antibiotics.
I don't think most inverts do well with them but not all will kill them.
For columnaris the latest proper treatment is Kanamycin(seachem Kanaplex) and nitrofurazone(api furan2).
Both at same time for three treatments given every other day with water changes.
If you look to see every symptom before a disease fits the fish will either be dead or you will never diagnose....
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/columnaris-and-what-i-have-learned...-1689.html
^From your own forum^

Fish Columnaris | Fungus & Saprolegnia | Treatment & Prevention

Kordon makes an herbal ich med thaty members with inverts have used and say work well just slower.

Not trying to hard time you.
Sorry for the situation you are in.

My phone wont upload pix on this site. But ill find the forum on mac that I have the best pic of the spot. But its very blurry

Its on my "its pitiful can someone please help" forum 1st page very bottom. Last time I tried to post a link on here it never popped up

An I read that on columnaris. And messaged the author in hopes to get help. Ive been googling columnaris since I got the reply on here suggesting it may be that. It doesnt really fit. But I really dont know. Im sitting here crying cuz idk what to do. Im stuck with no where to go.

You have one of the best most knowledgeable keeper/breeder/teachers I have ever met on your own home site.
"NB" has never replied to any of your issues???

Who? Sorry theres alot of people who have tried to help me or talked to me. Im not quite sure who you mean

You mean navigator? I dont think they replied to this issue but I cant be sure

They said "flat an chalky is usually bacterial" an told me about salt. But I wanna try to avoid salt for the reasons stated above.. an no money. Im so worried about my lil fishies.. I jus wish I at least knew what this was so I could try to scrounge up cash for meds:/

nav is a greater wealth of knowledge then the people who wrote the fish books we read He worked for Axelrod and loaths the fish industry.
He loves fish though and is the man to listen to...

Sounds great you have a guru over there.

Salt may not be so bad.

I have used 2 or 3 tablespoons of salt per 5gal with neon tetras and bn catfish. They were fine with it. I started at 1 teaspoon per 5gal, then added a tablespoon every 12 hours (something like that). That was in a QT with no plants.

Unfortunately I can't comment with shrimp still.

Back
Top Bottom