Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid-dude

Aquarium Advice Addict
My sailfin plecos anus looks like there is something wrong, anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

Attachments

• image-1068206221.jpg
    image-1068206221.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 119
Is the fish actually eating and defecating? The picture is blurry but it looks like a anal prolapse.

It's either that or it can be a parasite infection. Either one is bad. How is the Pleco swimming? ( normal or a bit wonky )

He still eats like a champ and yes he still poops. He swims like normal and still seems happy.

It's either that or it can be a parasite infection. Either one is bad. How is the Pleco swimming? ( normal or a bit wonky )

I just had to reply to say that I love u use the word wonky.. "they fix my wonky eye, see"

If its swimming normal, than its not a parasite infection.

That's not even remotely accurate, most fish will swim, behave, and even eat normally with a parasitic infection. Certain cases such as spironucleus vortens they will refuse food but the majority of parasitic infections don't cause many visual behavioral changes until the parasite has progressed dramatically.

Last edited:
That's not even remotely accurate, fish will swim, behave, and even eat normally with a parasitic infection. Certain cases such as spironucleus vortens they will refuse food but the majority of parasitic infections don't cause many visual behavioral changes.

Oh. Ok. I was totally off than. Thanks for fixing me.

He still eats like a champ and yes he still poops. He swims like normal and still seems happy.

If it's a prolapse I would fast the fish for a few days to see if it retracts, if the fish continues to eat the lining could burst or not retract which would mean the fish would need to be euthanized.

Back
Top Bottom