Pleco acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all... My tank has been doing some weird things lately, the water has been turning brown in
Less then a week... It was kind of brown today, so I did a 50% water change and added new filter with the old behind it so
I Can swap the old media out in a
Couple days. After the water change I added a catfish log to the tank... My pleco is a little over five inches so he outgrew his original hissing places. I then noticed him wandering around the tank as if he was lost or confused... Then he was near the new log and he was acting all weird with his tail arched to the side... Is he afraid if the new log or is something wrong.. I have noticed he has avoided going near it so far... He will get close then swim away... I usually feed him cucumber every night, except for twice a week when I feed him an algae wafer... When he started acting like this I threw a wafer in to see if he would eat and he's been periodically eating at it, but he's not acting himself.
Thanks for the help
Dan
Her is a pic of him doing this tail ark thing... He like wiggles around and arks his tail

Attachments

• image-1664807892.jpg
    image-1664807892.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 53
The waterchange probably shocked him a bit, do you usually do 50% changes an how recent was the last one you've done? Also, the pleco reacting to the wood is common behavior, he's just deciding what to make of it, mine usually do the same. You might see him tomorrow lying on it.

It was about 6 days since the last water change, and the water was a little warmer I noticed the thermometer was a little higher then usual. It's back down and he is lying on the log lol. So
The warmer water probably shocked him next time i have to double check the water temp b4 putting it in.
Thanks for the help.

It was about 6 days since the last water change, and the water was a little warmer I noticed the thermometer was a little higher then usual. It's back down and he is lying on the log lol. So
The warmer water probably shocked him next time i have to double check the water temp b4 putting it in.
Thanks for the help.

No problem, glad it's fixed :)

Back
Top Bottom