Pleco body

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello every one could some one help me please ive boughts my son a new pleco a few days ago he is a albino pleco when we got hom and put him in are tank we spotted a little white patch on the underbody of him over the few days we have had him its started to go red and looking a little sore could any one help me and tell me what it could be please meny thanks russell

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1420238790967.jpg
    1420238790967.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 1420238807231.jpg
    1420238807231.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 89
That pleco is wayyyyyyyy to big for that....tank.. please take him back, i really hope whatever is consuming the flesh of that poor fish hasn't embedded in your tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is it a laceration? Looks like it from the pic.
What the big B said.

Is there any sharp decor?
Could you get a better pic?

Redness is the same for for fish as humans, sign of infection.

Yes the is sharp decor in there there was a rock that i have taken out out iy as i thought thats what ut coukd be but where my filer pipes go in to ylthe tank he stayes there and there was two clips onlding it to the glass and i know he is to big for my tank i have a new tank on its way will be here in 3 day ive bought a 6 foot 740 liter tank and ive only bought his as the shop was closing down and he was a good deal amd couldnt help my self as it was a good deal and its was only for a few days till the new one has come

Here is a new pic

Attachments

• 1420241676332.jpg
    1420241676332.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 89
The skin looks split! I'm not a vet but if that was my guts I'd be getting stitches!
Might heal? Keep the water clean I guess?
Look at it and gauge it? Would you seek medical assistance or brave a scar?

Really this is out my my depth! That's a wound, but it might heal ok.
It isn't into the cavity is it? so it should heal ok I guess but I've not dealt with this before.

On a brighter note,
(Can't wait to see that tank!)
I just got a plec in a closing sale! (Hope they don't all close!)

Great fish so I hope it heals up ok.

The skin looks split! I'm not a vet but if that was my guts I'd be getting stitches!
Might heal? Keep the water clean I guess?
Look at it and gauge it? Would you seek medical assistance or brave a scar?

Really this is out my my depth! That's a wound, but it might heal ok.
It isn't into the cavity is it? so it should heal ok I guess but I've not dealt with this before.

On a brighter note,
(Can't wait to see that tank!)
I just got a plec in a closing sale! (Hope they don't all close!)

Great fish so I hope it heals up ok.

If I were your doctor I'd change your water!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+100000000000000000000000 Brookster

How big is your tank?

That pleco has gotta be at least 5", looks to be a common which will reach over TWO FEET in length. Either humanely euthanize it or take it back to the store.

How many giant danio's do you have in there? They get particularly large about 4" and are only suitable in over 75+ gallon tanks and in large numbers.

I realize this is your sons tank and all but, you should really think about properly stocking your tank. Knowledge of basic fish keeping can go a long way and there's a ton of information just on this site alone. I would seriously consider reading up on the stickies in the sub-forms and pay very close attention to your water parameters. Learning some easy stuff here and there can increase the longevity of the hobby for you and others around you.

Yer i have done a 50% water change i have added intel antibacterial to fight from the inside dont seem to be rwally deep just the skin like redness im keeping a eye on him and the water and have 4 danios in my tank they do seem to nip him a few times but i dont think thry could have done that i think its where my clips for my filter was as its on the right side i have taken them out all the building and ect out just plants in there now so he cant hert his self on any think in there now i just didnt know if it was a fungus or anything

Ive had a look at hom this morning looks a little better but still red do you think of i put a inside bacteria it will help to heal it up as its only been there since yday and have taken all decos out and the clips for the filter out of the tank will it help to heal him

Ive had a look at hom this morning looks a little better but still red do you think of i put a inside bacteria it will help to heal it up as its only been there since yday and have taken all decos out and the clips for the filter out of the tank will it help to heal him

Sorry, I can't figure this out. What does 'inside bacteria' mean?

An anti-bacterial med makes sense given the redness around the fin as well as lots of water changes to keep the water clean. Hopefully it will heal given time.

I would also switch to sand and driftwood for the new tank. The pleco and the ram will be happier.

Yer thats what i mean anit bacterial meds ive put in there to try and help and i would have though the driftwood would be sharp for the pleco thats why i taken every think out the tank that he could hurt himself on as i though it could have been the bits i have in there and i did think of sand would i not lose a lot tho as it will be running two 1000 liters filters ?

Hello every one could some one help me please ive boughts my son a new pleco a few days ago he is a albino pleco when we got hom and put him in are tank we spotted a little white patch on the underbody of him over the few days we have had him its started to go red and looking a little sore could any one help me and tell me what it could be please meny thanks russell

I just re-read this. It's a little hard going without a sentence stop and paragraph breaks if I may comment. But it's great to have posted pics.

It sounded like when you got home you spotted a white patch on the underbelly? I'm wondering if he could of had the wound in the store and he just picked up the infection (redness) in the last few days?

Or if the wound (for want of a better term) got worse and went from just a white patch to the open wound and redness now?

I bought the pleco the other day and i bought him home seem a light patch on his as i would say it was after a day ir so it got really sore i have taken every think out of the tank that he could hurt him self on all so have taken the two clips of my filter as that where he layes next to done a 50% water change and added anit bacterial to the water to help his redness and beening sore i will upload a new photo in about 20 mins

I bought the pleco the other day and i bought him home seem a light patch on his as i would say it was after a day ir so it got really sore i have taken every think out of the tank that he could hurt him self on all so have taken the two clips of my filter as that where he layes next to done a 50% water change and added anit bacterial to the water to help his redness and beening sore i will upload a new photo in about 20 mins

Ok, so it seems more than just a possible cut and maybe some pre-existing condition if I'm reading right. Personally I would dose with an anti-biotic as well if this is the case.

Thanks to every one for your help with my pleco he looks much better over the few days thanks every one

Back
Top Bottom