Pleco got burnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Currently starting week 2 with the battle of the ICH. Come home today to find my gold nugget Pleco with his back turned to my "jacked up" (86.5) degree heater. Figuring he had the right idea of killing the little bastards that have been plaguing me this past week. Sure enough I drop his favorite food (live brine) he comes down with a scorched head and what appears to be a blood blister. I removed the heater from the wall and placed it in the center of the tank on its side (submergible type). Any idea's on how to treat my scorched Pleco that is already defending himself from ich? Oh by the way, this is the last time I buy a fish from a big box store. The angel I bought caused me all this grief, ugh.

What are you using to treat ich? A half dose of salt and VERY clean water will be enough for him to heal. If he contracts an infection you might need antibiotics and/or daily swabs of hydrogen peroxide.

Mumma.of.two said:
What are you using to treat ich? A half dose of salt and VERY clean water will be enough for him to heal. If he contracts an infection you might need antibiotics and/or daily swabs of hydrogen peroxide.

I am using the heat treatment (86.5) and a half dosage of aquarium salt every other day after I do a gravel vac.

Back
Top Bottom