Poll on Ich Treatment Methods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you treat FW ich?

• Heat Treatment (86F) only?

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Medications only?

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Salt only?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No preferred method?

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • A combination (heat/meds/salt)?

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Other Method?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Hi all,

I wanted to try doing a poll and thought to pick a common disease (ich) and see which method people use to eradicate it. I'm hoping we can get enough responses to see what the general preference for treatment is. Hopefully I have covered common methods (otherwise PM me and I'll keep a record on a spreadsheet).

Also just want to note that I don't need to treat ich in my tanks. I'm not advocating a particular method, this is just a survey poll. Just a look see.

Finally, please vote! I need a large number of replies to build a good picture.

Hi all,

I wanted to try doing a poll and thought to pick a common disease (ich) and see which method people use to eradicate it. I'm hoping we can get enough responses to see what the general preference for treatment is. Hopefully I have covered common methods (otherwise PM me and I'll keep a record on a spreadsheet).

Also just want to note that I don't need to treat ich in my tanks. I'm not advocating a particular method, this is just a survey poll. Just a look see.

Finally, please vote! I need a large number of replies to build a good picture.

Increase tank temp, more frequent water changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just a note - if you go to web view on the app, you should (I hope) be able to vote on the 6 options / see poll results?

Heat/salt/water changes preferably. Many of us have AQ salt on hand so it's a free treatment method and usually works effectively.

Though we know there is a resistant strain so I would use meds if it came down to needing them.

Caleb

Heat/salt/water changes preferably. Many of us have AQ salt on hand so it's a free treatment method and usually works effectively.

Though we know there is a resistant strain so I would use meds if it came down to needing them.

Caleb

Cool! Were you able to update the poll off the app? Assuming you were on mobile?

Maybe I'm missing an actual poll? I was just leaving my preferred method. Yes I'm always on mobile:

Caleb

Yes, it's proving tricky. On my phone I can't see the poll. I think you need to go to web view on the app to vote? Are you able to try and I'll update instructions?

If web view doesn't work I have a fall back option of going to full view. Unfortunately I'd already voted so can't vote again to test out phone app.

There should be 6 options to vote on and then I think after that, the poll results will be displayed.

I don't mean to hijack the thread at all, but getting advice from other aquarists who HAVE seen ich would be helpful.

Are ich spots reflective? I've got 2 platys who I think may have ich--already quarantined in a hospital tub, no one else is showing signs in the main tank--but the spots don't look like grains of salt. They look like white, reflective scales. They're also not spreading.

I don't mean to hijack the thread at all, but getting advice from other aquarists who HAVE seen ich would be helpful.

Are ich spots reflective? I've got 2 platys who I think may have ich--already quarantined in a hospital tub, no one else is showing signs in the main tank--but the spots don't look like grains of salt. They look like white, reflective scales. They're also not spreading.
Doesn't sound like ich?
Look into Oodinium/velvet.

When I shine a light on them, the spots are still white. Isn't velvet supposed to be gold/yellow??

As far as I can tell, the spots aren't raised either. There was one on one platy (the spot seemed to disappear) and two on the other platy that are still there. They also don't seem to be flashing or gasping for air. I've been using salt, heat and kordon ich attack, but other than the spots, the fish seem fine.

No worries, although my charge is you have to vote :)

Nope, I voted online. I must have some sort of weird version of the app because I can't seem to create a new thread or post on it :c

Nope, I voted online. I must have some sort of weird version of the app because I can't seem to create a new thread or post on it :c

Hmmm, that's odd. Haven't heard of any issues there. All I can think of is to try reinstalling the app unfortunately.

Ok, results to date for anyone that can't see.

74564-albums13177-picture69252.gif

Sorry, im a lazy fishkeeper....lol

Attachments

• aquarium-products-quick-cure-fast-relief-for-ick-protozoan-parasites.jpg
    aquarium-products-quick-cure-fast-relief-for-ick-protozoan-parasites.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom