pooly goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fayehelen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone help me my goldfish are looking like they have a white film coming over them! What can I do? I've had them nearly 2 years I rescued them from a friend who was going to get rid of them there about 6yrs old now. They have been fine until just lately :confused::(

Hi and welcome to AA!!! Can you please post some more info so we can better help you? A pic would help alot as well!

Tank size?
Water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrae, ph)?
What your using to test (liquid or strips)?
Temp?
Water change schedule (%/#wk)?
Type/number of goldfish?
Symptoms/how long they have been occurring?
Any meds used?
Change anything recently/add anything new (water conditioner, filter media, substrate, etc)?

Thanks! :)

jlk said:
Hi and welcome to AA!!! Can you please post some more info so we can better help you? A pic would help alot as well!

Tank size?
Water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrae, ph)?
What your using to test (liquid or strips)?
Temp?
Water change schedule (%/#wk)?
Type/number of goldfish?
Symptoms/how long they have been occurring?
Any meds used?
Change anything recently/add anything new (water conditioner, filter media, substrate, etc)?

Thanks! :)

Hi sorry its took so long to get bk couldn't figure out how on mobile app lol.
They seem to have made a full recovery after a 50% water change thank god. It's a 20 gallon tank and I have two small what I call normal goldfish, one big one, 2 big fancy tailed ones and a sucking loach I don't know what the water quality is as I didn't know I had to do that with cold water goldfish. I do a quarter change every other week and a half water change on the weeks inbetween. I've got loads to learn by the sounds of it lol. But I must be doing something right as their still alive :).

Thats ALOT of fish for a 20g. I am guessing the 'normal' goldfish have single tails? If so, they are commons and realistically belong in a pond because they have the potential to grow huge. The two fancytailed goldfish need atleast 30-40g. I would rehome the loach unless you plan on getting a very large tank so you can keep them in a proper group. If its a pleco and not a loach, he needs to be rehomed. Until you can address your stocking situation, I suggest changing 50%+ of their water every other day. Invest in a good liquid test kit such as the API fw master test kit and a bottle of Prime. Please ask any questions you may have!!! Heres some more info on your goldfish and how to properly care for them: http://www.myaquariumclub.com/goldfish-101-11174823.html

Back
Top Bottom