Poorly guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't fret, no body has perfectly healthy all the time. You may see if you can get some more responses as I am no expert when it comes to illnesses.

If you haven't had him that long he might just not have taken too well to the changeover.

Your cory looks ok from what I can see too! Give them time and if your water conditions are as you described then you may be past whatever upset them.

A quick update sadly one of my sick guppies didn't make it last night although the other is moving around a little bit. I still don't know whether to treat the other one for parasites although his poop appears normal today??

Now my corys have little white grains over them! In thinking ich probably brought in by the new guppies last week, the one with the white poop looking clamped up now too, so off to buy meds to hopefully make them better.....not a good start

Yes my parameter are now pH 7.6 ammo 0.25 nitrite/nitrate 0 will do a pwc when I get somemore prime

Sounds like a plan. Can you get any pics of the white grains just so we can make sure that it is in fact ich? Also tell us what kind of meds you got.

I'm pretty sure it is from looking at the photos out there, they look like tiny grains of salt and today i can see tiny white dots EVERYWHERE!!
I've been advised to up the temp slightly in the tank and I'm treating with Protozin, and I have to say that 5 hours after I've treated my Corys are zipping about looking for food rather than cwtching in the corner as they have been.
My one sick fish is still looking relly poorly but he's hanging in there and the other gupies go over to him and keep him company too! :fish2:
Before I treated I did my best to clean the sand and got the gunk off the filter, also a pwc.

One question is how do I clen my sand, I hovered my gravel claener over it but wasn't much up, except my sand lol! :facepalm::facepalm:

I don't really know, I have gravel in all of my tanks. You may have to try hovering farther away from the sand. One thing you can do is us a piece of aquarium hose and start a siphon that way. This gives you a lot more precision, but isn't very practical in large tanks.

Sounds like you are doing a great job treating your little fishy friends. They should be getting back to normal in no time.

On a side note, make sure you use the meds for the full time they are perscribed. Many people will stop using them after a few days when all seems to be well, only to have a recurrence of ich.

Oh no after the way my corys and juvs have perked up I'll def be keeping up with the treatment - these things are sent to try us I suppose! Thanks for yr assistance :)

I believe so, I had issues the first month I got into aquarium keeping. However, everything has been great after the bumpy start.

Glad I could help and keep us up to date on the situation.

That great to hear. I don't know about corys, but my kuhli loaches will go on a mad dash around the tank, then just sit some where for a long time. My mom asked me "Is it dead?!"

Yeah that's what I've thought a couple of times today!! Hopefully we keep getting better!!

Woo sick guppy now swimming about tail fin not clamped anymore but his top one is slightly! Hopefully in the upward now! ;)

Back
Top Bottom