Poorly neon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mishyc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not sure if he's poorly or not, he's missing a pectoral fin! I've only just noticed so he could have been missing it for a while, neons are so small and the fins are almost clear! Could he have been fighting with another tetra, they have all been playing tag a lot in the past few days? Other than that he's eating and doing what the rest do! I've had my fish almost 3 weeks and the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates have all tested 0ppm up to now

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 75
If your neon is eating, swimming and acting normal, probably nothing to worry about. If the missing fin is a birth defect it likely won't heal, but if the cause was a fin nip, with clean water and good nutrition, it might grow back. Not a week goes by that I don't notice a chunk bitten off at least one of my fishes tails, the injuries normally heal up in a few weeks. Good luck.

If your neon is eating, swimming and acting normal, probably nothing to worry about. If the missing fin is a birth defect it likely won't heal, but if the cause was a fin nip, with clean water and good nutrition, it might grow back. Not a week goes by that I don't notice a chunk bitten off at least one of my fishes tails, the injuries normally heal up in a few weeks. Good luck.

Thanks, I've been watching him most the day, it seems he is the bully and claims the front of the tank when I'm near!

Back
Top Bottom