Poorly neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FayeS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My neon tetras have come out in all these little white spots can someone tell me what this is and how i can cure it please

If it looks like they're covered in grains of salt its likely to be ich. Gradually raise the tank temp to 31ºc and carry out frequent water changes and substrate cleaning. Keep temp elevated and keep on top of the cleaning regime until at least a week after the last spot disappears. Make sure that there's plenty of aeration as the warmer water will carry less oxygen.

If it looks like they're covered in grains of salt its likely to be ich. Gradually raise the tank temp to 31ºc and carry out frequent water changes and substrate cleaning. Keep temp elevated and keep on top of the cleaning regime until at least a week after the last spot disappears. Make sure that there's plenty of aeration as the warmer water will carry less oxygen.

+1 - temp to 86F, you can add Aq salt if your tank inhabitants are ok with salt, a good vacuuming at least every other day.

Back
Top Bottom