Poorly Swimming Spotted Climbing Perches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itschromesteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been on vacation for the last 10 days i got home last night, checked my tanks, and everything seemed normal. I had a friend feeding the fish frozen blood worms while i was away every other day. I gave the fish a cube of blood worms last night before i went to bed and when I woke up this morning my climbing perches are having trouble swimming. They cant swim away from the filter intake and float under plants or the driftwood. I immediately checked my ammonia and it was 0, nitrates 5, nitrites 0. I have other fish in the tank who are all behaving normally. The perches however dont look like theyll be around much longer. Any Ideas?

It just occurred to me that since they have been stuffing them selves on solely blood worms while i was gone. And my perches are pigs. That maybe they are constipated from all that protein. I recall that peas are a good laxatives for fish. I just don't know how i would get them to eat it. Sound plausible?

Back
Top Bottom