Pop Eye diesese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daneek155

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello i have a rainbow fish that looks like he has pop eye..... he was barely swiming today like really un balanced and one of his eyes sticks out alot further than the either. so i figured he has pop eye... i have 2 angels/3 erman blues/2 rainbow rams/1 aperstrafis dwarf cichlid/1 common pleco/1 night goby/1 silver tipped shark.... this is in a 55g tank.... should i remove him from the tank. i do not have a quarintine tank. need help asap. thanks

How are your water parameters (ammonia/nitrite/nitrate/ph)? Is he or any other fish new? I am not familiar with your the fish you have stocked (im sure someone will address this) but it sounds like alot of fish & i do know both the pleco & silver tipped shark get huge (1-2ft).

Absolutely get us your numbers. Popeye is quite often caused by poor water conditions. Is this a new fish? Sometimes a fish new to the tank can be so stressed that popeye is the result.

I would highly advise a 50% water change immediately and be prepared to try using aquarium salt or epsom salt in your tank.

Best case scenario would be to QT him.

Tank water is good. I do water changes weekly. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10 ppm. Ph 7.0
He has been in the tank for a month. I did have a dwarf guarmi die a week ago he was new. His stomach looked puffed up

Back
Top Bottom