Popeye Disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquachris

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had two fish die, and a third, with popeye disease. all three fish were/are female congo tetras. I quarantined the sole survivor and used maracyn two. I dont understand why my fish are dying from popeye. and why only the female congos? my water quality is great. two filters, only 60% stocked, and weekly PWC''s. If it was just one fish, I would think bacterial infection, no biggie. but three fish? :( Any advice or comments are apperciated. I don't know what to do. Thanks

Btw, I have a 50 gal tank, with a cascade 1000, and a HOB as well. All peaceful community fish. Recently added two rams (very peaceful). Oh and I do test with the liquid API master kits, and my levels are always fine. The day before my couple fish died, my levels were just fine. Ammonia zero, Nitrites zero, and Nitrates 10.

Well, internal parasites can cause popeye, as well as death. Maybe you can get some anti-parasitic food and feed it to them all for a month.

Back
Top Bottom