Possible Dropys case :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulieFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 45gallon tank with, an algae eater, 6x gourami, 2 mollies, 6 tetra, ghost shrimp, and a mystery shrimp, oh and two ghost catfish.

One of my gourmai recently is showing signs of Dropsy, very lethargic, not eating bloated belly, heavy breathing. And I was wondering what I should do.

I have Maracyn-Two, but my question was, is it safe to put it in the tank with all the other fish. Sadly I do not have a hospital tank. Also any other suggestions would be great.

I am currently using AquaClear 110 model filter, with sponge, carbon and BioMax, tempurature is 78, have aquarium salt in the tank, and the tank is decently planted.

Any help would be great.

I think its his time to go, I just checked my tank and he was laying at the bottom half upside down. I think I should just put him out of his misery :(

Are his scales sticking out from his skin? If so and he is bloated, it would be very unlikely to save him.

Yeah sadly he just went to the fishy tank in heaven, I went to check my tank and i saw him half upside down laying at the bottom, so I put him down :(, gonna do a 20% water change, add some aquarium salt and stress coat and hope for the best of the other fish.

:( Poor guy, I know there wasnt much I could of done, and it happened so suddenly, he just started showing signs this morning :(.

Back
Top Bottom