Possible Fish TB? Please Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeyost12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So in my 55G tank, I added 4 Giant Danios to the 4 I already had, giving me 8 total. I put them in the tank about 2 weeks ago and started noticing that 3 of the 4 I added just didn't seem right. One of them had a tail that was bent down and the other two just look really thin compared to how my other ones look. I attached photos of the ones I am concerned about. I did pull out the 3 that I felt may have a issue a few days ago and put them in a 10 gallon hospital tank. I have been treating that tank with Tetra Life Guard All-In-One.

1. Can someone tell me what they think these fish have?
2. I am on day 2 of the medicine, should I treat the entire 5 days?
3. How do I know when I can add any of the 3 back into the main tank?
4. Should I be doing any type of water changes? The medicine box says to treat for 5 consecutive days then do a partial water change on day 6.
5. Does the one fish look like it has Fish TB?

Fish TB.jpg

Fish Sick.jpg

From the pics the problem looks to be a deformity rather than fish TB. Looks like you purchased a unhealthy batch. There is no hope for the fish with the bent spine. If being thin is the only symptom the other fish are exhibiting, go ahead and finish the med treatment and as long as they are eating keep them. If they won't eat, discard them and start over. Good luck.

Does the bottom half of the fish seem stiff?
I ask because I have had similar problems with Platties and Mollies.
None of them survived, even after trying many different treatments.

Back
Top Bottom