possibly ill knight goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trav1117

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a brackish tank, 35gal. with a knight goby and 4 cichlids. They all seem to be getting along better than anticipated. However, the other night while feeding them, I noticed that my goby has a white spot on top of it's head. It doesn't look fungal, but I'm not a biologist. I added an aeration system about 2 months ago, I'm not sure if that would necessarily be harmful, I personally think it would help with sediment. I did a water quality test, everything was good but my nitrates are dangerously high. I suspect that this may be part of what's wrong with my goby. I'm just wanting an opinion if that would in fact be a possibility or if my goby is indeed infected with something. All the other fish seem just fine, so it's just effecting the goby.

I uploaded 3 pictures of the goby.

I have 2 convicts for sure, 1 white cichlid (which was given to me, I was told it was an albino convict) and a small black and blue spotted cichlid, I don't know what kind it is.

I put 7 tbs of marine salt in to make it brackish. Stirred it in hot water trip dissolve before adding it to the tank. I was told that the cichlids and catfish would be fine in low to moderate brackish conditions.

Keep in mind, I've had the goby in this tank for the past 5 months or so with no issues at all until the other day.

I posted them on my profile.
I had a pet store clerk tell me that she's surprised the others are doing well in brackish. I just went by what I was told before and it seemed to work out, I may have just gotten lucky though.

Nope you still did it wrong lol it shows me a link to take me to your profile. Under your picture there are two links copy and paste the one that says BB code

Got it! Thanks.
It definitely wasn't like that the other day. I'm wondering if it had been bitten or bumped it's head on a decoration. The cichlids chase it around, but it's a lot faster than them

Back
Top Bottom