Possibly sick anglefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephen Rollins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got an angle fish yesterday. He stayed at the top the majority of time with his face at the surface. He would also stay towards the bottom behind a plant and now be has his face butted up against the drift wood. Tonight I've noticed on his left side toward his back fin he has a growth that looks like a rash. It's hard to take a pic of it because he is really tiny and hard to get a good view. Any ideas ?

Here's a couple of pics of him

Hi! I was wondering if you picked up some new fish today. I don't have any angel experience but my suggestion would be to return her unless your already attached. It sounds like you purchased an unwell fish & unless you have somewhere to move her to for possible treatment (if you want to try this route), then returning her is your only option. :(

jlk said:
Hi! I was wondering if you picked up some new fish today. I don't have any angel experience but my suggestion would be to return her unless your already attached. It sounds like you purchased an unwell fish & unless you have somewhere to move her to for possible treatment (if you want to try this route), then returning her is your only option. :(

Thank you do much for your help

I'm going to take him back tomorrow. Thank you JLK. Your always good help. Glad to have a friend like you :)

I am sorry this happened! Hopefully, you wont have anymore bumps in the road as you stock your tank! I guess she isnt doing any better... :(

jlk said:
I am sorry this happened! Hopefully, you wont have anymore bumps in the road as you stock your tank! I guess she isnt doing any better... :(

I don't know I'm still at work. This morning when I fed the tanks. Oh I have 3 now. Lol. The angelfish was acting lethargic and was not eating and just grifted to the bottom. Fell so bad for that fish. We will see tonight when I get home how he looks

So I think I've just decided to keep the little guy. He seems to be doing much better today. The rash I saw the other day seems to be going down now all I see is a little red blemish. Almost looks like a hole. But it overall looks a lot better and he is swimming all around the tank now and not confining himself to one spot any more. He seems to be doing good now :)

Stephen Rollins said:
So I think I've just decided to keep the little guy..,,:)

It's amazing how fast we get attached to fish. My hubby doesn't get it. He says,"It's just a FISH!". Yes, it is! Lol.

Well he died :-(. So I exchanged him for a Bolivian ram. Man does that fish look awesome. My wife is going to get me another angel on Sunday.

Oh no! I am sorry to hear this! :( Keep a close eye on everybody for any strange symptoms or behavior- hopefully, the angel died as the result of poor quality stock/stress of new tank & nothing serious.

jlk said:
Oh no! I am sorry to hear this! :( Keep a close eye on everybody for any strange symptoms or behavior- hopefully, the angel died as the result of poor quality stock/stress of new tank & nothing serious.

Yes I have been keepin an eye on everything. I have been testing the water daily and I did a 30-40 % water change on Sunday and will continue to do the water changes every Sunday :)

Back
Top Bottom