Pregnant, fat, healthy, constipated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I noticed tonight my herbertaxelrodi looks to big in the stomach, I am pretty positive it's not eggs as it's way way to young I think, the fish doesn't stop swimming as neither do the others so that's why the pics I'm posting are from them in lunar mode as it's literally the only way to get a picture of this fish, as well as the other ones they just don't stop swimming and they aren't slow lol, this fish is a pig when it comes to eating, very energetic, doesn't seem to be having an issue, maybe im just over reacting because they are new and growing, but no others fishes stomach is this full looking in my tank, again sorry for the pic I probably won't be able to get an answer due to the lunar light not being able to show anything as well as regular light but I'm hoping anyways

Edit: I'm going to try something by taking a video and capturing pictures from that with the lights on. Wish me Luck Lol

Best I can do without a high end camera with a speed shutter lol
Hmmmm https://imgur.com/a/Diepm
Constipation or what https://imgur.com/a/9n83S

The fish is likely the strongest of the new school. The dominant fish gets to the food first and eats the most.

Might be the type of food not digesting properly in that fish, if it's getting bigger belly. Make sure it's pooping. Some fish don't digest some foods like others. If it's pooping it probably is the strongest, and shouldn't have much to worry about. But if not, might wanta try a different type of food that works for it.

The fish is likely the strongest of the new school. The dominant fish gets to the food first and eats the most.
Yeah he is a little butthead as well, always chasing the others he/she did use the restroom last night lol (didn't know how else to put it lol) so I think he she is fine ty bud

I think it looks healthy also Rick.
How does it compare to the others?
He/she eats way more than the other fish non stop looking for food even if there isn't any lol, all the new fish are aggressive eaters, I think I just worry too much, I did see him/her take a poop last night, I think he/she is okay as well ty CB

Might be the type of food not digesting properly in that fish, if it's getting bigger belly. Make sure it's pooping. Some fish don't digest some foods like others. If it's pooping it probably is the strongest, and shouldn't have much to worry about. But if not, might wanta try a different type of food that works for it.
I feed then a variety of foods, my staple is new life spectrum optimum flakes, with tinned peas, freeze dried tubifex, freeze dried brine and frozen blood worms (not all at the same time) Im still working in the schedule but right now it's NLS one day, NLS in the morning then tubifex in the evening, third is peas +brine in the morning NLS at night 4th is fasting, 5th is spirulina flakes + brine 6th is NLS in the morning, frozen blood worms in the evening 7th I start back in day 1 I still have to get the schedule down, it did go poop last night after I took the video, I think he/she is just a hog when it comes to food I'll have to take a video and show you all how these fish eat, it seriously looks like a feeding frenzy lol.

Back
Top Bottom