protruding white dot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve-O

Aquarium Advice Newbie
1~What type of fish is afflicted?Sunshine peacock
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? PH 8.0, Ammonia .25, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, Temp 79
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up? 55 Gallon tank, running for 2 months
4~What type of filtration are you using? Fluval G6
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? 1x yellow lab 3 in , 1x OB Peacock 2.5in, 1x Firefish 1in, 1x Blue Ahli 1 in, 1x Venustus 1 in, 1x Sunshine Peacock 2 in , 3x Blue Peacock 2 in , 1x Dimidiochromis compressiceps 1in.
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? 30% water changes once a week. I did the last one on Monday with a partial gravel vacuum
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them? 3 weeks. No quarantine
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.? Started using prime 10 days ago with the water changes
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? Omega Flakes and pellets

This fella has a protruding white dot on the side of it. It almost looks like a white head. These are the best pics it would led me get. I know my ammonia is high as I think the tank is still cycling a bit. I am going to do a 50% WC shortly. I went out today to get a QT tank and im going to get it set up if needed. Are there any suggestions as to what this bump is? How would you recommend me treating it? Should I move him to a QT tank? I appreciate and look forward to any advice you can provide me with

Attachments

• photo 3 (1).jpg
    photo 3 (1).jpg
    248 KB · Views: 52
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 61
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 55
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg