Pygmy Cory swimming sideways - any hope?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VioletEmber

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi All!

so i have a habrosus pygmy cory who is swimming on her side and lying on her back. I keep thinking she is dead, but then she swims around some more, even righting herself for bits of time and acting otherwise normally, but always ending up resting on her back. I am assuming this is a swim bladder problem? I had some dwarf frogs in there with them for awhile until I moved them out this week and i imagine that the blood worms for the frogs might have caused this problem.

so now what do i do? I fed peas to the tank yesterday and have restricted regular feeding ( 5 habrosus cory, 1 female betta, 5 endlers, 10g tank) - I basically have been lightly hand feeding the female betta and fasting the rest. all the other cories are fine. the peas and restricted feeding doesn't seem to be helping her yet. Since she is the only one with the problem, should I pull her out and QT her? Any suggestions besides what I am doing?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
(I am going to test the water params again, though they were fine a few days ago. I'll post if anything looks weird.) Thanks! I'd love to save her if there is anyway I can!

Back
Top Bottom