Quarantine fast and easy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just wanted to show y'all what I do when I get new fish and don't have a tank freed up. Got a 75g and 2, 10g. I have Platy fry growing out in 1 of my 10 gallons, and my Betta has the other one.

So I take big jars and float them in my 75g with a air stone and fish I save, while I treat them. You can use jars, vases, container, what ever they fit in and you can see through.

Hope this helps some people who think they don't have a hospital tank and need one fast. Specially when you don't need to treat the whole tank.IMAG2857.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, hope it helps... everyone has their way of doing things. I read alot on here that people didn't have another tank. Just wanted to show there's other opportunities. Wink ;)

My quarantine fast and easy is a ten gallon set to 84 and Stress Coat along with a handful of rock solar salt.

Let them get good and hungry (which doesn't take long from the pet store) and then feed levimasole flake for 2 days.

Leave them in there for another day or two and then guppies are good to go.

Just wanted to share my method cheap/easy/fast for QT new guppies from pet stores.

Lol! I use aquarium salt. I fill a pitcher with tank water and put it in big pickle jars.

And figured they are a little less than 2 gallons (to be able to float) so about 1/4 tbsp. But if the fish can't handle that than a little less. salt says 1 tbsp per 5 gallon. Cut that in half twice brings you to 1/4. most of my type of fish can handle it. I let them set in there for 3 days. Then give them fresh tank water with maybe 1/8 tbsp salt for another day or 2. Mostly for Ich.

I have used plastic totes with as clear of plastic available for the size fish I had to keep.

With whatever heat is needed - watch out and take precautions for melting plastic if you do not have a cage around the heater. I added a cover of a plastic needlepoint frame, or put it over a resin decor item or DW. And add an air bubbler with stone.

Back
Top Bottom