Quarenteen tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have just recently reaccimilated my old 5 gallon aquarium from my little brother, I had it for 5 years with one goldfish (that lived for the 5 years!) when i was in middle and high school. I left it to him when i moved out and now, 3 years later, he has decided to give it back to me. I now have a beautiful 55 gallon aquarium and was thinking of setting the 5 gallon up for a quarenteen aqaurium. It is still set up and it had one zebra danio, which i introduced to my aquarium, so its now empty, but the water is still cycled. Do i need to keep a fish in it to keep it cycled? It has an airstone and small internal filter. What is the best way to keep this up and running for if i buy new fish. i was thinking of putting a Betta in there and maybe a little corey cat to keep it clean.

A few snails would work too, but there has to be something in there producing waste or the bacteria will die. So you can't leave it empty for long.

Back
Top Bottom