Queen arabesque pleco not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michellev512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've only had her 1 week and I haven't seen her move or eat. Should I take her out and feed her seperate ly or is that more stressful

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So many details to share.. so many..details... to...share...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419480043.677054.jpg

All parameters are good nitrates at 20

All other fish are healthy and eating

She is new and I have read they are very shy...not sure how to know she's eating

My question is...should I take her out and try to feed her or should I wait it out and just try to let her get situated

Tank size and age? Dw in there? Plants?

75 gallon. Yes lots of driftwood, lots of caves, she is in the area that has a lot of current...

It's an upgraded tank that was running for a year and a half. This tank has been set up for 4 months

Don't sweat it. You're not going to see her very often. Doesn't mean she's not eating. I got a L134 8 months ago. Barely see it but every time i do its bigger and fatter. Go in at night with a dim flashlight to sneak a peak...

Ok. I'll try not to worry. Just used to the BN being so active...

Merry Christmas

Yup.. bns are way more noticeable.. along with the evidentiary poo traces;) enjoy the fancy pleco for its lack of poo trails! Merry poo trails! !

Did you sneak up on the tank or did you wear a disguise and do a stakeout?

I suspect op was dressed as Santa and shimmied down the filter intake pipe with a satchel full of algae wafers..only way really..

I bought the fish a new hob filter to be combined with my canister! Xmas for everyone ?

I used a turkey baster and shot a bunch of blood worms in her cave...genius ?

That is genius. However, I will not be eating turkey at your house :)

Haha agreed and agreeeed!!!

Other foods
"They will eat most meaty foods small enough to fit in their mouths. Fresh or frozen daphnia, bloodworms, mysis shrimp, cyclops, and blackworms are greatly appreciated. Prepared meaty formulas including flake and other sinking catfish formulas are more than adequate for maintenance. You will rarely see this fish come out and forage in the light for it's meals unless it has absolutely no other choice. They take hiding and nocturnal behavior to all new heights. "

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other foods
"They will eat most meaty foods small enough to fit in their mouths. Fresh or frozen daphnia, bloodworms, mysis shrimp, cyclops, and blackworms are greatly appreciated. Prepared meaty formulas including flake and other sinking catfish formulas are more than adequate for maintenance. You will rarely see this fish come out and forage in the light for it's meals unless it has absolutely no other choice. They take hiding and nocturnal behavior to all new heights. "

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a nocturnal pleco, really never see it eat, i have 10 corys in the tank that voraciously inhale all food on the substrate after feeding. I will occasionally drop an algae wafer or pellet in after lights out. This pleco is as fat as he is long, he's eating something! I think a mature tank offers other sustenance other than what we introduce. Bugs and crawlies in the substrate.. your pleco will hardly starve in a mature tank..

Back
Top Bottom