Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lordrip1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 Red eye tetras in the Hospital tank (10g) with mouth fungus. It's been 11 days and 2 look fine but i still see a white spot and around it pink reddish look. I assuming the pink reddish is the skin healing. 1 is still showing signs not as bad as before, but nothing that makes me happy. Need to know if it's safe to Move 2 that showed major improvement or wait till the white stuff goes totally away? (it's not ich I had my batles with that pest many times :uzi: save 10 lost 2 not bad if I do say so my self ) As for the last one well I like him to have the tank to him self, so I can try a new treatment. I would hate for him to loose his jaw. He does have a very good appetite, but that's the only time he comes out. I like the fact that he is still eating wich i see as good sign.

Current treatment is melafix I folled the instructions but I did give them a one day rest in the midlle of treatment and I did 50% water change the day afther. keep them mostly in the Dark (Room lite only) for the exception of feeding and Observation. My consern is Oding them on the med. I am getting a bad vibe and I am iching to do 100% water change in the hospital tank. Sorry if a simple question turn out to be a long story. But any suggetions would be greatly apreciated. since this my second time using the Hospital tank so I am a :n00b: when it comes treatment.

I would do a larger water change in the QT tank. Melafix is a very mild medication. Go ahead and move the other two right now but for the 3rd you may have to consider something stronger, such as Jungle's fungus elliminator.

Did a double Doze of Melafix last night, just to be safe. I woke this morning and found the fish that I was worried about the Fuzz all Gone still white but I see the red pink skin. Wich tell me he is healing. So I took the chance and moved him and his friends to 55g planted tank to rejoin their school and I am hoping that the Natural environment will improve his Immune system. if not I am ready with Malachite, Salt, and Jungle Fungus Elliminator. If I dont see improvent by monday back to QT tank.

I thought about it, but I figured his immune system would improve if he was in a natural environment. the good news is that he is no longer hiding :), but I don't think he likes any more LOL. But I do hope that I don't have to use stronger stuff to save his life, so I am hoping the change will do the trick.

I also would have kept the last fish in QT. Hopefully you don't have to move him back again. Stress is not good when treating fish.

Update Fished move back to the Hospital tank. No signs of Improvement time for something Harsher. I hope i can save him if not the knowledge I gain will save many other fish :) I did have to add melafix to the 55g tank I forgot that the introduction of these 3 would set off an alpha dog battle for control. Let just say that I no longer think of tetras as peace full. Their like little wolf's lol now I have to worry about the cycle all over again but now I have litle lives to worry about. All part of the learning Process but at least I have a planted tank so I have a really good Filtration set up. :) Oh question Should try a litle salt before I try quemicals in the 10g hospital tank? Current water is the same as the 55g it has melafix in it.

what you are doing right now is, exactly, why you dont take them from qt and put them back. you should always run full course of treatment b4 returning them. no matter how much you think they have improved.

Thanks Rob for pointing that for me but I already knew I was taking chance, so I fail to see how that comment helps. But on more constructive point Fishy has improved a great deal. I figured by next week Monday he should be ready to go back home.

Thanks Rob for pointing that for me but I already knew I was taking chance, so I fail to see how that comment helps. But on more constructive point Fishy has improved a great deal. I figured by next week Monday he should be ready to go back home.

lol...that was just an FYI.

you can take it any way you want.

Back
Top Bottom