Question about Ich Treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sorachanxD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a question about treating ich with meds. I recently started out and the fish that I got from the lfs got ich. I bought some medicine to start treating it, and it says to remove the carbon filter during treatment. The guy at the lfs said to remove it until about an hour after I put in the meds, but I read that keeping the carbon in will remove the meds.

It's been about 24 hours since I added the first dose and therefore about 24 hours since I've removed the carbon filter. I just added the second dose a while ago, maybe 3 hours-ish. Should I put the carbon thingy back in? :/

I've only been using it for about a week and a half. And when do I remove the meds? The bottle says to continue treating until 3-4 days after all white spots are gone; is that when I remove them?

Oh, okay :) Thanks! I've been having a little trouble with my heater though... it hasn't brought my water up past 75 degrees Fahrenheit. I think I might have accidentally broken it when I installed it because I put it just above the minimum water requirement and the next day found the water level below the requirement... :/ so I don't really know what's going on with my heater. It's still in a good temp range for my fish, though.

Some heaters only heat up to a few degrees more than the room temperature, some are set on a certain temperature and others are adjustable. It might be a good idea to look into a new adjustable one if yours isn't functioning as it should.

Back
Top Bottom