Quick Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitch_Wilson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had 3 iridescent sharks in my 55 gallon as a grow out tank for them, last week one fish died and another ended up without an eye. I assumed they got in a fight with the senegal polypterus in the tank and went about setting up a 30 gallon aquarium to transfer them to until they were big enough to move to their permanent home. I had increased the feedings to try and lower aggressions.

The 30 gallon was finally set up today and i come home and the two remaining sharks are not doing good at all, seemingly unable to even move and only doing so when the polypterus came near. I don't think there is anything i can do for them other than euthanize them, which is what i was going to do (they are currently in clove oil, sedated, but i figured I'd ask if anyone thought it would be worth trying to heal them in the 30 gallon or if its more humane to euthanize them now?

Both are now missing an eye too

I had 3 iridescent sharks in my 55 gallon as a grow out tank for them, last week one fish died and another ended up without an eye. I assumed they got in a fight with the senegal polypterus in the tank and went about setting up a 30 gallon aquarium to transfer them to until they were big enough to move to their permanent home. I had increased the feedings to try and lower aggressions.

The 30 gallon was finally set up today and i come home and the two remaining sharks are not doing good at all, seemingly unable to even move and only doing so when the polypterus came near. I don't think there is anything i can do for them other than euthanize them, which is what i was going to do (they are currently in clove oil, sedated, but i figured I'd ask if anyone thought it would be worth trying to heal them in the 30 gallon or if its more humane to euthanize them now?

Both are now missing an eye too

Wow, those are some massive fish you chose there. I'm sorry for your losses. It's heartbreaking having to euthanize fish. I had to do this recently.

Back
Top Bottom