Rainbow shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it cycled? If so, I'd put the ghost shrimp in there, but nothing else. That'd stock you a little bit better, and he might stop beating himself up so bad. You Don't have anything sharp and pointy in the rank do you?

A ghost shrimp? That would have almost 0 effect on any kind of bioload or space constraints.

Just move the filter media over. What kind of filters do you have on the 14 and the 75?

That was my point. A 5 gallon is useless for most anything but shrimp and a Betta.

oh lol ok I get it. I was thinking move the ghost shrimp over to the 75.

Btw, 5 gal tanks aren't useless. I love 5 gal tanks ;)

14 is hang on 75 is external

Ok, and the hang on filter, what kind of media is in it? is there a sponge, or a pad, or what? Basically you want to take out most of it, and put it in the canister filter. Viola! Pretty much instant cycle. You might still experience a mini cycle, but it won't be too bad, and will still be better than keeping the diseased fish with the rest. I would hate to see the infection spread.

fort384 said:
oh lol ok I get it. I was thinking move the ghost shrimp over to the 75.

Btw, 5 gal tanks aren't useless. I love 5 gal tanks ;)

Don't get me wrong I do 2, it's just I like 75 gallon tanks better!;)

and do you have any replacement pads?

Just stick a new pad in the 14, and cut off about 10% of the old pad and stick it behind the new pad. Then put the remaining 90% of the pad in your canister filter. Then move all but the rainbow over to the 75. I think getting the rainbow quarantined and getting the fish into a tank of proper size will go a long way to treating (or at least prevent spreading).

Also, some better focused pics will help to id if there is some kind of parasitic or bacterial infection.

Best I can get

Attachments

• image-1905646258.jpg
    image-1905646258.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3912738242.jpg
    image-3912738242.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 48
Yeah sorry I can't really tell. Someone better with fish diseases will come along that might have a better educated guess. In the mean time, if it were me, I would move over the filter media and all the fish but the rainbow as a stop gap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom