Rainbow shark with weird white spot on it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T10Titan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The white spot on it seems to be more mucusy than anything else and it covers the dorsal fin and the scales around it mostly the left side of his body. He also seems to be swimming vertically a lot and is in the open more than usual. I will post a picture in a bit when he moves out into the open.

A pic could help.

What about your tank? How long has it been set up?

Are there any bullies in the tank, sharp or things which could have injured it?

Heater burn?

How often and how much water do change?

Do you know about the nitrification cycle?

The article in my signature and is full of useful information for tank keeping and good to know about.

It has no bullies its a 20 gallon tank that i added more water to 2 weeks ago and i had this tank for about a year. I dont have a heater in it. And i don't know much about the nitrification cycle.

I guess it was age or him rubbing on a rock. He would hide in little areas. He passed away while I was looking at his scales.

I am sorry to hear about your fish passing away.

Read through the article in my signature, and it will give you important information. The biggest help is understanding how the nitrification cycle works because it allows beneficial bacteria to process the waste in the tank and maintain safe levels for the fish.

Anytime there is a death, it is recommended to do a couple partial water changes.

Back
Top Bottom