Rainbowfish Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trkchezz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello All,
I have a mystery on my hands and can't seem to find out the cause or solution. I've lost 2 rainbows in the past 2 days both at night, both were eating healthy and acting fine the day prior. All the other fish seem to be healthy and free from any disease.

75 Gal
-7 Discus
-6 Rams
-2 Bristelnose
-3 Rainbows (left)
-10(or so) Guppies
-20 (or so)Ghost Shrimp
-10 Nitrate Snails
-Heavily Planted

Temp 82F
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
PH 7.8
Phosphate 3 PPM
KH-17.9 PPM
GH-107.4 ppm

:thanks: in advance

They weren't that old. No co2.

I've gotten an ammonia spike now that I'm dealing with. Was up to .25ppm, wouldn't think that would of done it.

My LFS thinks the Rams might be harassing them at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lost one for the discus last night. There is no sign of an infection, so just keeping up on water changes.

Unfortunately that's all I can suggest as well. Just checking but your water used for water changes hasn't changed at all?

That's kinda where I'm at, I'm wondering is my water supply has increased their chlorine recently. I've also looked up Chloramines and wondering if that's why I'm getting the .25 readings.

Could be worth running water chem readings on your tap water for sure. On mine I can usually pick a change best with a kh test but ph and ammonia I've also seen work.

Tank maybe slightly higher? Not sure with reflection. I probably test tap water every 3 months so have a baseline of readings to compare if I think the tap water may have suddenly changed.

The color is so close, hard to see any difference. Looks like I'm going to start to age water.

Back
Top Bottom