Ram alright?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought a ram (dont know type, but i ran out of data space for pics??)

Anyways! It is in drip acclimation, and just sits there. And sits..is it alright? Scared? ;(

Actually just introduced my first one, and it did the same thing... seems ok now though, exploring

Koikid88 said:
Actually just introduced my first one, and it did the same thing

Really, so is it okay? Mine wont move in the bucket unless we touch him. Is 2 hrs of drip acclimation enough?

I usually do an hour to 1.5 hours acclimation, never had a problem before.

Are the lights off, but not to the point of pitch black?

Koikid88 said:
I usually do an hour to 1.5 hours acclimation, never had a problem before.

Are the lights off, but not to the point of pitch black?

Ya the lights in the room are dim, should i turn the tank light off?

Both of my rams did that, they just sit til you put then in the tank, then they hide for a little while, then start to explore haha, then they're always out:)

lol, rams are sissies when it comes to being moved ;) i constantly have to move my two bolivians between two tanks (fighting) and they sit there absolutely shell-shocked during acclimation. they get really dark and rest at the bottom, looking like they're on their death beds. they'll be ok. just give them time to adjust. :) mine generaly perk up within a few hours, but i had one that spent 12 hours sitting motionless at the bottom before it perked up.

Yah I always turn the tank lights off when introducing fish, helps with stress.
They can still see fine and explore if the rooms lights are on while the tank lights are off.

absolutangel04 said:
Wow. I honestly didn't think your brother would agree to getting rid of the featherfin.
Waiting for pics. :)

Haha i know! I paid! Finny will be out soon, ill do my best. So far the little guy is cruising the tank, chasing the tetras even though they are bigger than he is haha. I named him jerry:)

Do i have to go back to old threads and delete pics to be able to add new ones?

I am not sure how to that. If you look in the technical help section there are some threads about it though I think.

absolutangel04 said:
I am not sure how to that. If you look in the technical help section there are some threads about it though I think.

Cool, i will:)

Back
Top Bottom