Ram lost its dorsal fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyperson3010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi
I just watched one of my Bolivian rams rip the fin off of my other ram. I'm not sure why. Will the ram be ok with only one fin and will the other one attack the other fish in my tank.
EDIT
FIN SHREDDED NOT GONE

Are they the only rams in the tank? How long have you have them? tank size? we need more info to be able to help you. I do recommend the you separate the hurt fish so it has time heal.

phishfriend said:
Are they the only rams in the tank? How long have you have them? tank size? we need more info to be able to help you. I do recommend the you separate the hurt fish so it has time heal.

Yes they are the only rams. Been in my tank together since April in friends tank about 1 year before that and I can't separate as I don't have another tank. Should I ask my lfs if they will take the troublesome one

fishyperson3010 said:
Yes they are the only rams. Been in my tank together since April in friends tank about 1 year before that and I can't separate as I don't have another tank. Should I ask my lfs if they will take the troublesome one

You don't need another tank just some type of tank divider. Some that would let water thru but not fish

fishyperson3010 said:
Were could I get a tank divider in the uk

Not sure but if your lfs have saltwater frag tank and set them up like here in the U.S. then they set there frags on a plastic grid to keep them off the tank bottom. That's what you want to look for and just cut to fit your tank. You can use suction cup at the top to hold it in place. That's if your lfs doesn't carry pre made tank divider.

phishfriend said:
Not sure but if your lfs have saltwater frag tank and set them up like here in the U.S. then they set there frags on a plastic grid to keep them off the tank bottom. That's what you want to look for and just cut to fit your tank. You can use suction cup at the top to hold it in place. That's if your lfs doesn't carry pre made tank divider.

Ok thanks will try to get one tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom