Rams getting sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZCNY

Aquarium Advice Activist
My rams are all getting sick they all have there fins stuck together I already lost 3 I bought a GBR a week ago he died after 4 days after that I webt to my lfs and I noticed white spots at that point on all the same GBR I bought yesterday after work I found anothe GBR dead and a Golden ram breathing heavy on the bottom at tank and all other rams are breathing heavy and rear fibs are stuck together on all of then I imidietly went to the lfs and got "the fishkeeper" and copper power green and I noticed all the tanks that had the german blue rams in I bought empty so the GBR had some kind of sickness that i bought anyone know what this could be I got 3 left out of my six and I don't want them to die and it seems to only effect the rams none of my other fish

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130908_081023.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130908_081023.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 80
  • ForumRunner_20130908_081045.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130908_081045.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20130908_081116.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130908_081116.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 66
Can't tell you what happened, have you been keeping up with water changes or noticed any abnormal stress. Nitrates and stress are the killers of rams.

Yes that is a +1 on that but if your ph is to high or if you don't have soft water it is harmful to rams. ( they are not a beginner fish)

Yes sorry I do weekly 30-50% wate r changes and ammonia is 0 NO2 and NO3 are both 0 also so water is perfect I really think I picked up a sick GBR and he got the others sick and Ph is exactly 7 and I treat with Prime each week

You should dose the tank with medication ( not sure what kind) and turn up the heat if you think it is ick

Yes I use API master test I am heavy planted I always have 0 could be because of the weekly 50% water change

Your best bet is gonna be do a huge change, and dose with a cure all type med. maybe meal fix and pimafix and then cross your fingers

Well only bad news so far down to only 1 ram out of 6 ( to be expected b/c most sensitive) going to miss them had them for almost a year, all other fish are doing ok, only time will tell will keep dosing meds and hope for best

Lost my last ram a few min ago lets hope my other fish won't get as sick

Sorry to hear that you might want to do a water change now just incase

Sorry to hear that you might want to do a water change now just incase
Yeah I will do another 70% water change tonight and keep dosing meds, I never saw at any time any white dots on my fish but I confirmed my LFS had an ick outbreak and the GBR i bought all fish in that tank had the white spots at the LFS. I read a little bit about Ick and it says Ick goes after the Gills so that's why my rams probably where breathing so heavy because they where slowly suffocating from the Ick.
Found this and its very helpful Understanding and Treating Ich or White Spot
I will keep an eye on it and keep you all updated, I also bought a 10g tank that will be setup as my quarantine tank so this wont happen again

Ok haven't lost any fish since my last guy died, everyone seemed to be very health after 7 days of 84 deg. And medicating everyday I will continue to keep my eye on it but stopped the medicating, I defendly got the Ick from my LFS I looked around and it seemed that the Ick has spread almost every tank there is a fish with Ick in it. I bought a 10g tank for a quarantine tank and will do that from now on thank you everyone for the help

Back
Top Bottom