Raphael catfish - swimming at the surface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mpecarevic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Raphael catfish that supposedly has the ICH. I have applied the medication, but this guy keeps swimming close to the top of the tank and looks worse than ever. Any suggestions?

Is his tummy bludged out a bit? He may have a gas bubble or constipation. Have you tried feeding him veggies like peas and zuccini?

What do you mean by supposedly has ich? Were thier white spots or was he scratching himself? Most medicines have special dosing instructions for scaleless fish? I hope you followed the direcions. What are your test levels and is he breathing hard or just cruising around at the top?

Welcome to AA!!!!!!!!

I'd do a large water change as soon as possible and put new carbon in my filter to help get the medicine out quicker. Then, if he has ich, use the heat method to treat and make sure the water is well aerated.

Please post your parameters if you have them. Definetly put fresh AC in your filter to get those meds out.

Back
Top Bottom