Rapid breathing and white speckles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ant329

Aquarium Advice Freak
About a month ago i picked up a golden nugget pleco, very beautiful about 2 days ago i noticed white spots all over his body and now he is breathing rapidly.. I think he may have ick or white spot disease but to my knowledge ick dosent come with the rapid breathing.. Ive been treating with salt but i need to know exactly what this is.. I will post a picture in a few.. Please anyone with advice or knowledge of this please respond thankyou

Also i would like to add that my water levels were always on the money except for my ammonia being slightly high for about a day or so..

First you should test your water. And post your levels on here so people can better help.

Edit: nevermind. I just saw that

Im trying to get a picture but hes not near me and u cant see the speckles from the pics

When ich infects the fishes gills it's very common to have rapid breathing, the fish will is essentially being suffocated.

Thanks i will use this as my next option, i appreciate your input

Get someone elses opinion on jungle fungus clear too though! I've heard other people say it was good on other threads too

Hopefully more people will comment on this post and give their opinions on whats good or what didnt work, but like i said thanks for your advice

Yeah! Hope everything works out. Gold nuggets are amazing looking.
Just make sure and keep your tank nice and clean in the meantime.
I think raising temp helps too

Good call with the temp raising i read that and i raised mine a few degrees.. Ill be sure to keep my eye on the readings of the water thanks again

How long does ick usually take to clear up?? Im on my 3rd day with ick-x and im at my 4 dosage.. And im doing 1/3 water changes as per the directions before each dose.. It says not to treat more than once within 8 hrs and im not trying to overkill it..

Ant329 said:
How long does ick usually take to clear up?? Im on my 3rd day with ick-x and im at my 4 dosage.. And im doing 1/3 water changes as per the directions before each dose.. It says not to treat more than once within 8 hrs and im not trying to overkill it..

I have ick right now too. And raising the temp shortens the life cycle. I'm not exactly sure but I think if you treat it right it may take to 1-2 weeks. Again I'm not 100% sure, hopefully someone can give you better advice.

Thanks.. It took 7 days for the spots to drop.. And hes doing a lot better, im still treating him for at least a week.. Also still doing 1/3 water changes as well.

Back
Top Bottom