Red Cap Oranda Blister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verity

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ph: 7.2 -7.6
KH mg: 180
GH mg: 125-250
Nitrate: 10
Nitrite: 0

Tank Size: 23 gallons

1x Red Cap
1x Blackmoore

I did my weekly water change yesterday and notcied over the weekend my red cap had become a bit red around the fins and tail. im away over weekends and get my mum to feed them for me.

I did a slightly larger water change then normal 40% ish
Then today I noticed a odd bubble on the red cap.

Its hard to see in the photo. but its about 4mm in length and 2mm wide, and an orangey yellow colour.
Then just underneath (pretty much joined on) is a much much smaller bubble which looks darker as if its got blood in it.

img_1610551_0_fd740783638c4355bcab03644f651555.jpg

img_1610551_1_17eccb6502c643c3344022dfc6bded6a.jpg

img_1610551_2_329aaf3abd2962845b6fbb7a38cd56b0.jpg

It's appeared over night as it most deffinatly wasn't on him yesterday

Ive spend the morning looking around the net, trying to find what's caused it, but i cant find many stories that sound exactly like what my fish has.

Any help would be very much appriciated as I hate seeing my fish like this.

Thanks! That rules alot of possible issues out. Im actually a bit stumped here but my sugggestion would be to give aquarium salt a try. The addition of salt increases the mucous coat on fish and has some antiseptic properties. Make sure you keep your water quality up to par and keep a close eye on the blisters. They may recede on their own. If they rupture, they are at risk of infection. Ill see if i can find out anything about specifically about them & let you know!

Hi, thank you so much for the reply (and the PM too!!)
The blister has gone down 1/4 of the size it was yesterday so fingers crossed it'll keep getting better.
I'll pop some aquarium salt in now, and keep a close eye on the water conditions
Thank you again for your time and help :D

Im glad to here it went down some!! Thats a good sign! He may have just injured himself (same way we get a blister) and hopefully it continues to improve!

Back
Top Bottom