Red Claw Crab died :-\

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had the aquarium sealed up tight as a drum, glass hood cut to fit so tight around the filter that I couldnt' even wiggle paper inbetween the two, and on top of that I had the light hood over that.

But it seemed all in vain, as I found my RedClaw this morning dried up on the floor, dead.

He had to have been out for a few days, I never paid no attention to it tho, cause He spent most of his time in the filter hidden from view. So I gave it no mind that I hadn't seen him in awhile, then I pick sopmeting up off the floor today, and there he is under it...stiff as a nail.

I'm really bummed, He was quite teh character and was honestly the centerpiece of the tank :(

I have to figure out just how he managed to get out, tho...or it will drive me nuts.

He did quite frequintly, However with the glass hood and the plastic top of the filter, It came down to revent him from just stepping out of that area, Cause the top came right down onto the glass.

Who knows, their ingenious little things. Its just to bad their enginuity leads to their demise...

I am so sorry about that! :(

I am glad you posted about it, since there are several folks thinking about getting crabs here recently, and they need to know how good they are at getting out.

Its been a bad Crab month for me.

My Bala Shark has discovered Fiddler tastes yummy, and has killed all but one tiny little female in his tank.

He's also killed all the apple snails in his tank.

and the redclaw escaped.

Ung.

Back
Top Bottom