Red empress with popeye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely possible. If it was both eyes, it would indicate an internal infection. Keep his water healthy & watch it. If it gets worse, then meds can be considered. You can add a low dose of aq salt if its feasible for the other fish in your tank.

jlk said:
Definitely possible. If it was both eyes, it would indicate an internal infection. Keep his water healthy & watch it. If it gets worse, then meds can be considered. You can add a low dose of aq salt if its feasible for the other fish in your tank.

Thanks for the info I will keep my eye on it should I be worried about my other cichlids?

If it starts looking worse or the other eye becomes affected, then i would qt him. I wouldnt worry about your other guys as it sounds like it may only be an injury. Fish have pretty amazing abilities to heal themselves from simple wounds (as long as the fish in question isnt being bullied/at risk of further injury). Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom