Red-Eyed Tetra and Vertical Swimming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danio35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought 3 Red-Eyed Tetra 2 days ago. I have noticed that one of the guys swims somewhat vertically. When I looked closely, it appears that one of his fins on his front side is damaged. When I looked even closer, it seems like many of his fins have chunks out of them. I noticed today that he seems to lean to one side when he is not swimming. Another one of the little guys looked like he had chunks out of his fins, but he's doing OK. He swims a little bit vertically.

Is this normal/abnormal? If it's abnormal, will they recover? Should I put him in a quarantine tank? Can I nurse him back to health?

I paid full price for these little guys, did I get jipped? I don't care about the money, really, but I just want to make wise decisions in the future. Should I complain to the LFS?

Gracias

If you're sure that this didn't happen since you brought them home then by all means bring it to the LFS attention. If not, you will have to determine what caused it while in your tank. Do you have other fish that are "fin nippers" or aggressive?

Back
Top Bottom