Red gills?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi there. I just added some auratus and bumblebees yesterday to tank. I noticed they are sort of transparent and have some redness around gills. Is this ok? I have a video but cannot upload to YouTube iPhone says cannot publish after it preps the video. I've never done it before. Any advice on how to do that and do you think they'll be ok? Did large water change yesterday morn and added mid day to tank. Other fish look fine. They're about 1.5 inch. Water is 79, zero nitrite, 5.0 nitrate, ammonia is between 0 and .25 ppm

Is it a new tank? In the cycling process? Ammonia can burn gills and cause redness. Gill flukes can also cause inflamed gills.

Is it a new tank? In the cycling process? Ammonia can burn gills and cause redness. Gill flukes can also cause inflamed gills.

It was cycled and then running about 2 wks with fish in and we most power and had no heat so they died. I floated the bio wheels during the outage. Water got hazy and did 50% water change when power came back. Let it run a day and a half and kept checking parameters and they have remained exactly as noted above. They're acting fine. No clamped fins. Hope I'm worrying over nothing. I can send a video but would need a PM with email address

Back
Top Bottom