red hat goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matthew_raw

Aquarium Advice Activist
one of my red hat goldfish (sorry dont know the proper name) has a orange stomach at the bottom, is this just colouration or an illness when i got it it had a pure pearly white body ? this is like a copper colour patch

ill take a picture now, i have read that colour enhancing food can cause this and thats what i feed them, aqurina standerd goldfish food

Do you mean a red cap oranda? Color enhancing foods can cause discolorations in white fish but its typically more of a yellowy/pale orange color. A pic will definitely help along with your tank size/parameters/stocking to see if there something amiss.

Yeah a oranda and the tank is only temp its a foot by half a foot with two red caps and a blue danio but the red caps were in a 150ltr tank and had it so i moved them to see if it made a difference and i dont have a testing kit yet but i will pick one up soon

Id do twice weekly 50% PWCs with 2 GF in a small tank. Might need to change water every other day to keep Ammonia down.

Look at maybe a big Rubbermaid 40g tub as a temporary pond. Throw a big filter on and it will keep them healthy till you can get at 40-75g tank.

I am not sure where you are located in the UK but a friend of mine resides there as well and uses these plastic bins for her fry tanks. I'll ask! Also, have you checked your local hardware/homegoods stores or amazon or eBay?

Iooked online but i havent had chance to get around to the hardware stores and thanks

Back
Top Bottom