Red sore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluedot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! My goldfish has been doing great up until recently..
I started to notice the beginning stages of fin rot on her tail, so naturally, I started to treat her for it. But when I began to treat her I noticed she had what looked like a red sore where her tail was rotting I thought she may have just scratched her self and that the medicine would help so I left it alone. But three days into the treatment and I have noticed two tinier ones appear on her fin as well and they are only on one fin. What could this be?

Tank size: 30 gallons
pH: 7.0
Nitrates/nitrites/ammonia: 0ppm
Filter: Aqueon quiet flow carbon filter
Tank has been set up for about a year and two months.
Last water change was sunday
She is the only fish in this tank.

You shouldn't be reading all zero's on your water tests if the tank is cycled.

What are you using to medicate?

I am using meditation from the company ‘marineland’ and the medicine is called ‘All-in-one-remedy’.
Also yeah I rechecked the water (since I do it daily) and the nitrates were at 20 ppm

Ok that makes more sense.

Can you post some pics?

I'd say the medication you are using isn't working. Personally, I have luck with Seachem and API products. A lot of them do not affect your Beneficial Bacteria which is nice if you have to medicate your main tank.

It sounds like you have a bacterial issue/bacterial fin rot.

Here is a picture. It was hard to get a decent one since she would not stop moving. She seems to be acting like she is okay shes swimming around but will occasionally lay at the bottom which of course is not normal. But its right where her tail is being eaten at its kinda hard to see

Attachments

• D2097259-7E88-4687-AAEB-223F793B8943.jpg
    D2097259-7E88-4687-AAEB-223F793B8943.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 32
If it were me, I'd dose Kanaplex for bacterial fin rot.

What's your water change schedule and amount changed?

Thank you! And I have been doing a every other week round of 25% water changes

Back
Top Bottom