Red spot on betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shadownova

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betta has a new red spot on his head and I think it might be a disease.

Params.

Ammonia .25

Nitrite .25

Nitrate 20 ppm

Temp. 75. No heater

ph 8.3

I am also worried that he has fin rot the very tips of his tail is grey

Please help! He is the reason I like fish!

-Nova

Shadownova said:
My betta has a new red spot on his head and I think it might be a disease.

Params.

Ammonia .25

Nitrite .25

Nitrate 20 ppm

Temp. 75. No heater

ph 8.3

I am also worried that he has fin rot the very tips of his tail is grey

Please help! He is the reason I like fish!

-Nova

When was your last water change? I suggest doing at least 50% water changes pretty much daily until he's better. Is he in a tank by himself? How big is your tank? How old is your tank? From your water test it looks like it might not be cycled. Could he have hurt himself on any of the decorations? Do you have live or fake plants? If fake plants are they plastic? Plastic plants can cause problems for male Bettas fins. I'm asking a lot of questions to try to pin point better what might be the problem.

Fifteen gallons with harlies, Cory's a Pleco and platys
About a month old (used filter) small plastic plants but mostly live

Shadownova said:
Fifteen gallons with harlies, Cory's a Pleco and platys
About a month old (used filter) small plastic plants but mostly live

Have you seen any aggression from the others towards him? Could be he's getting bullied by somebody. The plastic plants can cause damage to his fins if he brushes/rubs against them. I have a deco that had a small plastic plant attached to it & I just removed the plant because it looked my male Bettas fin had been torn a little bit. Also do any of your deco's have small openings? Sometimes Bettas don't realize they won't fit & squeeze themselves through, if he did that could've caused damage. None of your others are showing any signs of damage? Even though you used a used filter definitely keep an eye on your water parameters because odd things can happen. Can you get a pic of him?

Funny you asked that cause one of my harlies just slammed against him.

Back
Top Bottom