Redtail shark, no color???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I looked and you only have 8 pics on your albums. Maybe when You first join there is some timing thing, I am not aware of it. You can post a question in the Forum Admin & Announcements about why it won't let you.

To delete pics you go to your album, click Edit Pics on the top right side and then mark the box to delete photo, and then click "save changes" underneath at the almost bottom of the page. But you should be able to have 100 pics in your albums...:confused: Ask on admin...:)

You can hang a t-shirt, towel or pillow case on the back of the tank just to get a sense of it, and see if the rts darkens some.

Here is my girl, she is 6.5 inches long 3.5+inches tall.

Ok cool!! Ill definitely try that! And that's a nice one!!! Ill try to post pics in a minute!

Well I looked and you only have 8 pics on your albums. Maybe when You first join there is some timing thing, I am not aware of it. You can post a question in the Forum Admin & Announcements about why it won't let you.

To delete pics you go to your album, click Edit Pics on the top right side and then mark the box to delete photo, and then click "save changes" underneath at the almost bottom of the page. But you should be able to have 100 pics in your albums...:confused: Ask on admin...:)

You can hang a t-shirt, towel or pillow case on the back of the tank just to get a sense of it, and see if the rts darkens some.

Here is my girl, she is 6.5 inches long 3.5+inches tall.

I love your rts! The colors are so vivid! And its a female?

I love your rts! The colors are so vivid! And its a female?

From what I was understanding the males will tend to be a true black and females less black, more greyish black, males more slender and less tall, females wide and more of a triangle body shape. The top pic had a back light so she seemed more like a shadow, and it seems in the pick she is black.

When she was given to me I was scared she was going to eat all my fish.

So I had someone to give her to just in case there was a problem.

-and I pretty much had bad memories of my cousins many RTS which never really grew much larger than the lfs size ones because I think it was a ten gallon and over stocked, and a wrong size tank for them, and there were several. So they were very aggressive and probably killed each other. I don't really remember the details on that. Just he got new ones pretty regularly.

Fish have their own personalities.

She is def one of my favorite fish! Hasn't seemed to be aggressive at all. She swims the bottom of the tank like a shark and shoos out any fish she doesn't want in her swim path, but that is just because she's big, they beat it and clear a way for her. Never seen her bite or attack anything.

I was told she was around 7 years old back in December when I got her.

OP -How's your pale shark?

They like to have a hiding type place to feel safe.

From what I was understanding the males will tend to be a true black and females less black, more greyish black, males more slender and less tall, females wide and more of a triangle body shape. The top pic had a back light so she seemed more like a shadow, and it seems in the pick she is black.

When she was given to me I was scared she was going to eat all my fish.

So I had someone to give her to just in case there was a problem.

-and I pretty much had bad memories of my cousins many RTS which never really grew much larger than the lfs size ones because I think it was a ten gallon and over stocked, and a wrong size tank for them, and there were several. So they were very aggressive and probably killed each other. I don't really remember the details on that. Just he got new ones pretty regularly.

Fish have their own personalities.

She is def one of my favorite fish! Hasn't seemed to be aggressive at all. She swims the bottom of the tank like a shark and shoos out any fish she doesn't want in her swim path, but that is just because she's big, they beat it and clear a way for her. Never seen her bite or attack anything.

I was told she was around 7 years old back in December when I got her.

OP -How's your pale shark?

They like to have a hiding type place to feel safe.

If you were referring to me as OP then she's better! A lot more color! However not fully black! I think it's the white sand and the fact she's a female!

And she is definitely out more!!! I think it's a she because she is a dark grey!

And she is definitely out more!!! I think it's a she because she is a dark grey!

Yes, I was referring to you! How big is she, I looked for a pic in your album but you must not have been able to post them yet.

I am glad she looks better. I was a little worried at first about mine too since I thought she should have been more black, after I found out that the females were less dark colored I felt better!

Yes, I was referring to you! How big is she, I looked for a pic in your album but you must not have been able to post them yet.

I am glad she looks better. I was a little worried at first about mine too since I thought she should have been more black, after I found out that the females were less dark colored I felt better!

Yeah, let me try to post a few more photos if I can snatch one, she is still kinda shy but her colors are excellent! She is only about 2-2.5 inches!

I bet it it your RTS trying to blend with the substrate! Does look pale, not noticing anything bad.

What is the pH?

What kind is your sand?

Here is my tank where my very big RTS is. (72G) There are lots of hiding places and I have a figure 8 type area along the bottom for her to stealthily sneak her way from end to end of the tank, keeping tabs on everything, lol!

60074-albums11380-picture57008.jpg

I bet it it your RTS trying to blend with the substrate! Does look pale, not noticing anything bad.

What is the pH?

What kind is your sand?

Here is my tank where my very big RTS is. (72G) There are lots of hiding places and I have a figure 8 type area along the bottom for her to stealthily sneak her way from end to end of the tank, keeping tabs on everything, lol!

Ph is 7.4-7.8, it's in between! And my sand is ocean direct, Caribbean live sand. They didn't have any other kind of sand so this is the one I bought!

Back
Top Bottom