Redtail shark with swollen belly, constipated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garbro

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got back from vacation a few days ago and and a 7 day feeder block in and an automatic timed feeder (eheim 3581, slot half open) in my tank feeding twice a day. Each feeding had top fin tropical flakes, API tropical pellets (sinking), and sun dried baby shrimp mixed together.

Excuse the potato quality pictures.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407197191.642329.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407197228.521443.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407197253.445364.jpg

I don't know if he is constipated, but it looks like he just gained weight...mine is fat like that and always has been...they like to eat

Haha that's pretty funny if he did... I saw him make a doodie right before I took those shots so I was skeptical. As long as he is healthy I am happy. He's one of my favorites.

If it is constipation what should I do? I read to feed them frozen peas then no food at all for 2 days.

Holy cow, that's one fat shark!! Lol
Yep, frozen de shelled peas, nuke them in micro for a second or 2 in water, the de shell.

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

Back
Top Bottom